A collection of useful info for authors releasing out-of-print or new independent titles:
- Marketing article: How to Promote Your Children's Book by Katie Davis
- A series about using Flash to make an interactive app by Diane Cipollo
- An article by Loreen Leedy about turning an OP picture book into an iBook
- Book Creator for iPad app for making picture books for the iBookstore
- PW Select is a quarterly guide to self-publishing authors by Publishers Weekly
- Two-part article by Janet Wong about her Kindle ebook creation experiences
- Digital Book-making Tools: A Roundup by Peter Meyers
- Toddler app user interface guidelines by Gabriel Weinberg (read comments, too!)
- Take pride in your ebook formatting (for Kindle), a series by Guido Henkel
- Guide to making an iBook with full-bleed images by EPUB expert Liz Castro
Guidelines for the assignment of ISBNs to e-books
A PDF that answers questions such as If I publish in two or more different file formats (e.g. epub, PDF) should I assign separate ISBNs?
- InDesign to Ebook Resources: a very comprehensive list.
- Scrivener writing software that can export in Kindle and EPUB format
- Amazon’s enhanced children’s ebook section (ebooks with audio and/or video)
- Elizabeth O. Dulumba’s guide to ereaders, developers, articles about ebooks/apps, etc.